Fifa World Cup Awards

6:35 PM Unknown 1 Comments



It's no secret that the Kruses really, really enjoy soccer. I mean, not to brag or anything, but I was the star of my team kindergarten through sixth grade, (by star, I am referring to that one player who resorted to running from the ball because she was the one who always ended up with a soccer ball to the face). I owe all my success to my coaches who were really like family to me - Paul Kruse and Chad Lau - I know I was always your MVP. Sad to say, my career was short lived due to a fear of running "on the big field", which later became one of my biggest regrets from high school.

Any who, in case you live under a rock, I will fill you in that the Fifa World Cup is happening right now in Brazil, and as it turns out, soccer/fussball/football/fútbol/etc has a plethora of attractive players... Who knew? Well in honor of the World Cup and my love of soccer and attractive males, I have taken one for the team and done the research to determine the top 5 most attractive teams at the World Cup this year. 

5. France

Incredibly attractive and they speak the language of love.... I think there is a reason all the ladies are swooning over the French team.

For example:
Antoine Griezmann, 11 - Forward
An interesting choice of hair, but I always
 love a man who can pull off a statement.
Blaise Matuidi, 14 - Midfielder
He has the talent to be attractive
while looking pissed off. 


Olivier Giroud, 9 - Forward
A clear favorite with the ladies, I
don't feel it necessary to explain why.
Lucas Digne, 17 - Defender
He's kind of got a puppy dog face to him,
and the freckles definitely do justice.






























4. USA

In fourth place, we have the good ole United States of America, and while I may be a bit biased since it is the home country and all, the players really 'ain't too shabby after all, with evidence to prove so.




Kyle Beckerman, 15 - Midfield
Beckerman is easy to notice with the
 dreadlocks. And I like dreads.
For example: 



Fabian Johnson, 23 - Defender
His name is FABIAN, need I say more?



Graham Zusi, 19 - Midfield
He looks like a long lost brother to Beckerman.
He's got a nice mane and a sweet name.

Clint Dempsey, 8 - Forward
While people may not find him cute at first, he is,
as my dad called it, a Grade A bad ass which
totally grows on you.







3. England

Gone but not forgotten, England is always known for attractive, or shall I say "fit" men. Ranging from Hugh Grant in the movies to Harry Styles in the music, they don't stop when it comes to their athletes.


For example:

Adam Lallana, 20 - Midfield
His hair looks properly fluffy and he
seems to have the smoulder down.
Danny Welbeck, 11 - Forward
Stood out just for the fact that he smiled for
his photo. A great smile he has.





Luke Shaw, 23 - Defender
Let me start off by saying that this
lad is 18. EIGHTEEN. Anyone
who can pull off that great facial hair
at 18 deserves to be mentioned.



















Joe Hart, 1 - Goalkeeper
He's got pretty eyes, nice eyebrows and
just looks straight up British.


2. Switzerland
Coming into second place is the land of watches, chocolate, skiing, neutrality, and attractive soccer players.

For example:

Granit Xhaka, 10 - Midfield
He's got European hair down, earrings,
and a 'lil raised eyebrow just for
the ladies.

Admir Mehmedi, 18 - Forward

Who said hipsters can't play soccer?
No seriously though, he's cute.


Fabian Schaer, 22 - Defender
Yet another Fabian, although I'm about 98%
positive this is a brother to Dave and James
Franco. 
Roman Buerki, 21 - Goalkeeper
Once again great hair, I like the Swiss' barber.





1. Germany

Last but not least, taking first place, the gold, the champions of the World Cup (of hotness), is Deutschland. I've always had a thing for the boys on this team, and it was quite hard trying to narrow it down to only 4 players... So I'm taking a moment right now to applaud the entire German team and acknowledge their sexiness even if they aren't mentioned below. Bravo, boys.

For example:

Jerome Boateng, 20 - Defender
Boateng is one of the few players I know
who can rock a mohawk, even if he doesn't have
one in this photo here. 
Mats Hummels, 5 - Defender
Again with the facial hair. Doing it
right, Hummels.



Thomas Mueller, 13 - Forward
Mueller happens to my favorite player, it's
just ad added perk that he's very attractive.
He always winks at the camera too, and
then I melt.
Erik Durm, 15 - Defender 
He's got a very clean and innocent look to him
which I can relate to, and enjoy. I like Durm.





Honorable Mentions

We haven't forgotten you, boys!

Greece: Stefanos Kapino, 13 - Goalkeeper
This kid looks like he's straight out of
a chick flick as the long interest of a
girl who went to Greece on vacation
Brazil: Marcelo, 6 - Defender
While he made have scored an "own goal" as the
first goal of the 2014 World Cup, he looked pretty
dang cute while doing so.
Belgium: Moussa Dembele, 19 - MidfieldI know I'm supposed to be all tough and
such since USA will play Belgium tomorrow
but I still give the team kudos for having
Moussa.


Germany: Mesut Ozil, 8 - Midfield
Yes, I know, another German but
I couldn't help but put him on! I've
always had a little soft spot for Ozil.




Safe to say.... I LOVE SOCCER AND THE PLAYERS AND THE WORLD CUP. But really, even if the players didn't happen to be as good looking as they are, I'd still enjoy it. This just makes it even more enjoyable.

Well, I hope you all enjoyed reading this research I've done as much as I enjoyed doing the research.

1 comment:

  1. Love this. The Fabian Schaer tidbit. Never have there been truer words written.

    ReplyDelete