I guess this is Hello?

7:39 PM Unknown 2 Comments

A lot has happened over the past two weeks for me. They have been very busy as well. Today was my first day "off" from school events, yet I still have managed to have my day packed with things to be doing....

I warn you all in my last post, it may be a while until I post again since I would be so busy. It turns out I am indeed very busy here, between school work, social life, and just relaxation. But right now I have a good 45 minutes before I need to log off so I figured I would try to do a brief brief update on what is happening in my life right now.

Let's start with this: I am officially moved in and have started class at Arizona State University!

I absolutely love it here, it feels like I am on a cruise ship. I use work out equipment with televisions attached to them, I have the option to eat pita and hummus every day, I get to hangout on a rooftop pool, I actually have A/C in my bedroom, and more!

I have class Monday through Thursday and am always done by 1:15 p.m. meaning weekend starts at 1:20 p.m. on Thursday! I am already overwhelmed by the amount of work I have to do (7 math assignments due on Friday, and I haven't even had my first math class yet!) but I know I will get the hang of it and learn how to budget out my time. This semester I am taking the following classes: math, sociology, grammar for journalists, intro to journalism, French and a class on the history of ASU.

I have made so so so many friends, it's actually crazy. Each one of them so much more different than the other. I can feel myself growing a little family here. It feels like I've known these people all my life! And with the friends I've made on my floor, since the dorm is divided by major, it's nice to share the same interest and careers goals as each other. My friends and I have all made many memories together, planned trips, and had many laughs. They also find the way I talk quite amusing also, who knew Minnesotans had an accent?

Lastly, my dorm room doesn't feel like a dorm room at all but more like a mini home, it's so cozy and it feels like a space of my own, rather than my stuff in a random place. I consider my dorm my home. So please, enjoy some photos of it below!







I am missing Minnesota and my friends and family so dearly, but in the healthy way, I am proud to say I haven't started feeling homesick yet.

I promise you all a more detailed post later, but I must go, my roommate and I are hosting people in our room for a VMA viewing party! Ah how I love college......


XOXO
Audrey

2 comments: