Things I've Learned in my 18 Years of Life.

9:41 AM Unknown 0 Comments

In no particular order. . .

1) Keep a small notebook with you at all times, it'll come in handy more than you think. Trust me on this one.
     Side note: the small blue notebook located in my purse held all the reasons listed below.

2) Being a morning person isn't anything to be ashamed or embarrassed of, contrary to teenagers beliefs.

3) Libraries are your new best friend. Free, have A/C, and you can't beat the smell of old books.

4) It's okay to prefer the movie version over the book.

5) Don't order pasta at a restaurant. My mother taught me this one after traumatizing me after ordering fettuccine alfredo one evening, "You're gonna order the MOST EXPENSIVE thing on the menu that happens to be the CHEAPEST thing for them to make?!" She had a point.

6) I actually love learning, and like school. And taking tests.

7) Don't be that person who films 30 videos at concerts. I'm sure you'll enjoy those shaking videos of you singing in the background 50 times more than actually enjoying the concert.

8) Having road rage never makes you look cool.

9) It's healthy to splurge on things every once in a while.

10) Own a hard copy of your favorite CDs, movies, and books rather than digital copies.

11) It's fun to obsess over things. It's almost like taking a "brain-cation" (brain+vacation).

12) Minnesota actually has the greatest summers, simply because we enjoy it more.

13) It's fun to write and send letters. It's even more fun to receive them.

14) Thrift stores are your best friend, if you know how to shop in them properly.

15) Doing PSEO in high school may be more work, but getting free college classes makes it all worth it.

16) I find it incredibly relaxing to clean the house. My parents seem to like that about me.

17) Try taking public transit/biking. It's actually quite fun and you'll feel WAY superior over other humans while doing so.

18) God bless Amazon Prime.

19) One of my favorite foods are bread and butter, if served correctly.

20) Lists are fun, and a good way to organize thoughts.

0 comments: