My day with the Hayes' (and Shelby)

5:23 PM Unknown 0 Comments

I love summer for many reasons. The biggest reason is because that's when I get to see some of favorite people. Allow me to elaborate.

Audrey has been my best friend since we had first started talking back in our sophomore year of high school (yes, I know, our names are both Audrey. No, I'm talking about myself). Here is one of the first picture of our blossoming friendship.... Got to love the awkward phase.


Anyway, come our junior year, Audrey had transferred to an IB school. I was very happy for her because I knew it was a better fit, but I couldn't help but be a little sad that I wasn't seeing one of my favorite faces in the hall everyday. While we didn't necessarily grow apart, we just really stopped seeing each other during the school year because it was incredibly difficult with busy, separate schedules. That being said, to make up for all this missed time, every summer I have basically lived at Audrey's house and gotten very close with her sisters Lucy and Irene, as well as their neighbor Shelby. 

This summer however, was different. As we all are growing older, we have other commitments, trips, jobs, etc..... Last week I had noticed that I was feeling quite strange, but I couldn't figure out why. I later realized it was because I had gone all summer without seeing them all. 

Don't worry though folks, today we changed that.


Today was my day with the Audrey, Irene, Shelby, (and special cameo appearances from Lucy and Joesph).  What I enjoy most about being with the Hayes' is that we don't need to constantly occupy ourselves to stay entertained. We just enjoy enjoy each other's company. Throughout today I had heard stories from Irene and Audrey about their recent trip to Europe (Irene is in the process of writing about her experience, you can read about here!) followed by them surprising me with a bulk of chocolate truffles from Belgium itself (heaven, heaven, HEAVEN.) but disappointing lack of berets. I returned the favor with sharing stories about my meltdowns over school, my days at work cleaning glasses, and other exciting stories. We had also attempted to plan a last minute trip to Oakland, California to watch Joesph read his poetry (which may have failed to a certain extent..) followed by a very successful trip to Turn Style to take advantage of their 75% off sale. Today has been full of laughs, hugs, and conversations that seemed to pick up right where they had left off when we all had last seen each other. A great day off if you'd ask me.


Now here we lay with our legs intertwined with one another while we listen to music and sing along, wait for our pizza to finish, and watch Lucy and Joesph bake us dessert for this family dinner.

I'm sorry to bore you with this, I'm just a very happy camper today and needed to share it. 

XOXO, the Silver Lake Crew (we miss you Chloe!)


0 comments: