Summer Favorites

8:12 PM Unknown 0 Comments

As August approaches, I look back and wonder where has my summer has gone? You know the phrase "time flies when you having fun?" Well, I think in some situations, time flies by even faster when you aren't. By that I mean, working 40 hours a week this summer has had it fly by so fast, it seems like just yesterday I graduated! Don't get me wrong though, I am so thankful to have a job and an income.

Anyway back to the point - while many people consider New Years' a great time to start new habits, try new things, and reinvent themselves, I've always been one to do that in the summer instead. I always am in a slump as we reach those deep winter months, suffering from cabin fever, pale skin, and dark roots. Therefore, I prefer to try out new things during the sweet, sweet summer times. 

That being said, here is a list (in no particular order) of my favorite things of the summer.

1. My bkr® water bottle



My mother had been raging about this water bottle for a month straight before we finally decided to invest in them, and let me tell you, I'm so glad we did. They are glass, but honestly seem indestructible. It's crazy. They come in all sorts of cute colors and are 100% BPA free. Well worth the money. I'm obsessed.

2. 5 Seconds of Summer's Debut Album


I've been a fan of these boys for a while, but they've finally released a full album after about 2-3 years. Their genre of music is quite difficult to explain, as it's pop-punk but a bit more pop than punk... At the same time though, the boys have amazing guitar riffs and drum solos that allow you to kind of see that young Blink 182 and All Time Low inspiration. It's full of catchy tunes perfect for summer. Below is there most recent single, if you want to check them out!

          


3. my computer!


After years of anticipation to finally have a Macbook to call my own, my time has finally come. I have recently purchased a Macbook Pro for school next year (or should I say next month....) and I actually have temptations to cuddle it at night. True love.

4. Beauty favorites


1) Not Your Mother's Dry Shampoo -  I always have trouble with dry shampoo, where it can seem to work more as hairspray than freshening up your hair. I can't get enough of this one, it literally makes your hair feel clean and gives you nice volume, what more could a gal want? :-)
2) Jergens Natural Glow Tanning Lotion - I know it's summer, but I work inside a warehouse all day so it's nice to have a little friend help me get some color so I don't look like a complete vampire. Smells like heaven and works like a charm.

5. A Heartbreaking Work of a Staggering Genius


Without giving away too much of the story, A Heartbreaking Work of a Staggering Genius it's basically a non-fiction novel about Dave Eggers and his siblings moving to the Bay Area after the death of their parents. Sad but humorous. Eggers has a similar writing style to David Sedaris, who is another favorite of mine. I'm thoroughly enjoying this read. (Thanks dad).


6. Scrunchies (and fish eye lenses)


Now that I have short hair again (see 6.5), I don't wear them as much, but when I pull my hair out of my face, I am usually using a scrunchie. Better for your hair, less pain, and so many options to choose from! Also, fish eye lenses are always fun too.

6.5. Short hair

While I would love to have long, luscious locks, at the end of the day, I prefer short hair on myself over long. Short and sweet, just like this description


7. C Wonder Bracelets


Some dear friends of mine had sent me these two bracelets from C Wonder earlier this summer, the smaller one having Sagittarius symbols in it (my sign). I've never heard of C Wonder before but I looked at their site after receiving this gift and just about fell in love with everything they sell.


8.  AA Nail Polish


Every time I go into American Apparel, I can't leave without purchasing as least one (tube? bottle? jar? THING?) of nail polish from them. Above are my most recent additions, as I just about have all of their colors now. It's a great deal for how well their nail polish brushes on in minimal layers and vivid colors.


9. Chokladkrokant Bredbar


Not discovered until a recent trip to Ikea, this spread is as if Nutella and Skor Candy bars had a baby. I think it's supposed to be used as a sweet treat, but I've been using it more for my dietary needs. Whoops.

10. HarMar Superstar 


My favorite local artist from Minneapolis. HarMar Superstar is a legend. The music, the man, the personality. Everything about him is a favorite.



Well folks, there are my 10 favorite things of the summer. What are yours? Do we share any favorites?


Xoxo


0 comments: