New, New Beginnings.

1:18 PM Unknown 0 Comments

I’ve been really thinking about how to write this post for the longest time now. I’ve written and rewritten this about thirty times when I finally realized, I don’t need to go into details. In fact, I don’t really want to go into details that much. It’s a complex situation that I’ve spent the past three months processing and really think. That being said, better to rip it off as a bandaid, right
I will be transferring to the College of Liberal Arts at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities next semester.
It wasn’t an easy decision to make, that was for sure. And there are multiple reasons behind why I have made this decision, but I won’t bore you with the details. In a short story, ASU didn’t seem to be the right fit for me. As great as a university it is, including the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communications, it just isn’t the school for me. I had a hard time making the decision to switch because of the strong friendships I had made while attending the school, friendships that I only dreamed of making before going to school. But at the end of the day, I needed to really decide what was best for me. I started dealing with your average freshman year crisis of “Is this really the major I want to be going into? I don’t think I like this major. Do I like this major? Maybe I do, I don’t know. What do I really want to do with my life? What if I choose a major and graduate and regret it?” Oh yes, it was not pretty.
On another note, I am so overwhelmingly excited to be a Gopher, which I secretly had always wanted, but I knew I wanted to get a feel of what else was out there. I do not regret any part about going out to Arizona and being a Sun Devil, I am so glad that I did it. I can see why all of my friends love it there and I am gutted that I don’t really feel the same way. But yes, I am still planning on “bleeding” maroon and gold, and I have already learned the Minnesota Fight song as well as made an entire Pinterest board dedicated to the U of M, so I guess that means I’m excited, right?
As for the friendships and memories I’ve made at ASU, I’m not worried at all. There are plenty of cliches out there for people like us, and I have a feeling they’ll be hearing from me and seeing me frequently enough where they will get sick of me!
I just had to listen to my gut and heart on this one. And I’ve learned a lot about myself in this process. So I guess what I’m asking is: Will you take me back, Minnesota? At least for college?

Here’s to New, New Beginnings.

0 comments: