Audrey's Big Weekend.

8:33 PM Unknown 0 Comments

An interesting and eventful weekend for me, this past weekend. It was also quite fun but I'm afraid it has ended with me hardly being able to keep my eyelids open..... Taping them to my forehead definitely has seemed to help though. Alas, I had decided to share this big weekend I speak of with you all.

It all started Saturday morning, which really started out uneventful other than heading to the local bank with my father to deposit some checks where, not to brag or anything, my family tends to be quite popular. Within a minute of arriving, our favorite banker waved us down and shouted "HEY YOU TWO!" then insisted we go to her window. What are the perks of being a favorite of a banker? Well there are many, and while I don't want to ruin too many of the secrets, I will share that they will explain to you what each of the machines do, and show you what they do on the computer. Oh yeah, I can feel your jealousy.

At 3:30 I had a hair appointment where I had decided to yet again, chop off all of my hair to a bob. Despite how much I wish I could grow out my hair to have long luscious locks, I then remember I have thin, straight hair that will never be "luscious". I also remember that I can pull off short hair, therefore: au revoir, mes cheveux!

Finally Saturday evening was spent with my lovely friend Charlotte. We were looking for something to do that evening and had remembered that the MLB All Star Games were happening in Minneapolis this year, including a free concert at the TCF Bank Stadium with Atmosphere and Imagine Dragons. Sadly, the free tickets were sold out but we were on a mission to scalp tickets (which neither Charlotte nor I had ever done before) for a free concert. After walking through the U of M campus talking up a game plan on how we were going to approach a scalper with our clever tactics to get the best deal we could, we finally we reached the stadium.  Upon our arrival, we were approached by a scalper, rather than vice-versa. The conversation went something like this
"Hey, you guys need tickets?"
"Yeah. I'll give you $20."
"Okay, here you go. Have fun."
"Thanks man."
I have to admit I was quite disappointed with how easy it was, as I was prepare to go through hell and back to ensure we got to watch the show. But hey, tickets are tickets! Anyway we got there just in time for Atmosphere's set and I have to say, he puts on a great performance. It was my first time seeing him live and while I've heard great things about him, he lives up to the expectations. I'm proud to say I'm from the same state as him. Imagine Dragons were awesome also. They came with great energy, beats and a light show that went with the music perfectly. It was fun to see how much fun everyone in the audience was having also. So yeah, it was a nice spontaneous and eventful Saturday!
Me and Charlotte at the MLB All Stars Concert

Moving on to Sunday, my day revolved solely around one thing: the World Cup Final.

Discussing all the places we could go to watch Germany and Argentina play, we ultimately decided on the Buffalo Wild Wings in Dinkytown since we knew the waitresses working that day. I packed up all my Deutschland apparel (missing a vuvuzela) and heading down there! Anyone who was watching the game can tell you how intense it was and my friends felt the need to point out how sweaty my palms were getting while watching. There were a fairly large amount of Argentina fans sitting around us at the restaurant that would start screaming and cheering every time Argentina would even touch the ball let alone dribble it 10 yards, which only made me nerves even greater. Towards the end of the ET I was preparing (but disappointed about it) for a champion to be determined by penalty kicks when the Man of the Match, Mario Goetze of Germany, scored a beautiful, beautiful goal, allowing Germany to become the Weltmeister (World Champions). Let me tell you, it feels good to have your team score a goal regardless, but when the goal happens to be a clean, well deserved goal, the feeling is indescribable. Germany's team really deserved this win and I'm happy to see them take yet another title after 24 years. Needless to say, we were all very happy campers and decided to celebrate in our (somewhat) traditional Bavarian outfits afterwards. Here is a photo and video below to give you a little taste. . .





Final remarks from this weekend:

  • Last minute concerts are always fun.
  • I miss the World Cup already.
  • Netflix and my bed are calling my name.

XOXO

0 comments: