The Best Season of the Year (Award Season)

5:23 PM Unknown 0 Comments

So as I was taking my Sunday evening shower, I was thinking about how much I enjoy the Award show season (specifically for the dresses) but also for the live tweets, the praise for the arts, and the small little mishaps that end up being jokes on social media and pop culture for the next 3 months. When I was thinking about this, I figured "this would be a great blog post!" Then I realized I have very limited time until the final award show for the season starts. Fifteen minutes before it starts, to be exact. To that I say, challenge accepted.


So forgive me for the lack of details and the briefness of this post, but I needed to share this all with you guys. You see, I love award shows. All of them (well, nearly all of them..). The fancier the better. I've always dreamed of walking the red carpet but not as a celebrity, as one of the members of their "posse" dressed in black, pushing them where to go to next. Someday Audrey.... Someday. But you see, to me, award shows are evenings where I can dress in my finest pajamas, eat ice cream straight from the pint, and yell at the television  - What more could a girl want? So alas, here are some lil bullet points I have to share about the Oscars tonight.

While I am in no place to share predictions for who I think should win tonight (as I've only seen Grand Budapest Hotel, Boyhood, and The Imitation Game), I figure I would at least share who I want to win, even including movies I haven't seen. Here are some of my favorite categories. (please keep in mind I am saying who I want to win, without seeing some of their movies.. Oops.)

Best Picture: Grand Budapest Hotel

Best Actress: Rosamund Pike

Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch

Best Supporting Actress: Emma Stone

Best Supporting Actor: Edward Norton

Costume Design: Grand Budapest Hotel

Directing: Grand Budapest Hotel

Makeup and Hairstyling: Grand Budapest Hotel

Best Original Song: "Everything is Awesome" from the Lego Movie (IT WAS STUCK IN MY HEAD FOR 5 DAYS AFTER SEEING THE MOVIE)


My favorite looks for tonight:

Emma Stone in Elie Saab







 Lupita Nyong'o in Calvin Klein





 Zoe Saldana in Versace




Zendaya in Vivienne Westwood











































Dakota Johnson in Saint Laurent











































Well that's all I have time to share for now, I'm sorry for the briefness, but I hope you all enjoy.

If you want to keep up with me, I'll be live tweeting the Oscars -  Follow me! @hahaudrey


XOXO

Audrey

0 comments: